James Bruce Photography Terms of Service (for Terms of Image Usage please click here)
By ordering photography services from James Bruce Photography you are agreeing to our terms of service and to our Terms of Image Usage.
1. You agree to abide by our Terms of Image Usage.
2. You certify to James Bruce Photography that you have authority to have the house or property photographed, this is done with your usual listing agreement.
3. You agree to have the property ready for photography at the agreed upon time.
4. You have seen our work and are comfortable with the photography we produce.
Refunds and Reschedules
Reschedules are part of the business, but they should be a rare occurrence.
1. We will reschedule an appointment at the agent’s discretion for weather issues anytime prior to 3 hours before a shoot without any additional fee. We can work, rain or shine (there are limits), the choice is the agent’s. If the agent chooses to postpone, we will work to get the property in on the first available day. In the event that we photography a property on an inclement day, and the agent requests a re-shoot of the property, the re-shoot would be subject to a $70.00 trip charge plus any applicable driving fees.
2. We will be glad to reschedule a photography session for any reason until noon the day before the shoot. We ask that the agent contact their client prior to that time to make sure the property is ready. We will assume that if we have not heard from the agent by that time that we can set a firm time with the client and they will be ready. A postponement after that time will result in a $70.00 reschedule charge.
3. In the event that we arrive at a home, and it is not ready for photography, we will call the agent and agree to either shoot the home as-is, or shoot the portion of the house that is ready and charge the $70.00 reshoot fee to return, or we will leave and a charge equal to the cost of photography services and drive fees will be required for us to return.
4. We will issue a refund for real estate photography services up until noon the day before a session is scheduled. If a home sells before that time, it is up to the agent to communicate that to us by then. In the event that a home has to be postponed, no refund will be given for photography services, however we will refund the amount for no-photography services, (tour hosting, website domain names, driving fees, etc.)
5. When you cancel a session we will process the refund for that shoot.
Aerial photography has its own set of problems with weather, mostly wind. It is up to the pilot of the aerial vehicle as to whether or not it is safe to do the photography on a given day. In the event that we cannot fly on a particular day, we will work with the agent to have the photography done at the soonest opportunity.
Refunds follow the same rules as with our other photography services.
In general we do not heavily edit images for real estate photography. Our goal is to portray the home as it is in a happy shiny way. We can make changes to photographs that do not affect the home condition, such as removing a car from a driveway or taking a child’s name off of a wall or green up a yard. If those types of “photoshop” edits are required, please let us know, and we will let you know the cost for those changes.
We cannot remove things like power lines, or electrical boxes from yards or make any change that affects the “condition of the home.” We will try to avoid those types of things, but we cannot take them out of photos.
Fees for Services
Our fees for real estate photography are listed on our website here. If you need a custom quote, please contact us. In the event that it is a complicated property, we may ask for a deposit before we book any services.